Performing Raster Analysis in QGIS
In this course, we’ll look at building a virtual raster and running analysis on this area to determine potential habitat locations for an endangered species of wallaby. By the end of this course, you'll have learned how to extract meaningful information like locations with steep slopes and show them on a map.
QGIS is a free and open-source cross-platform desktop geographic information system (GIS) application that supports viewing, editing, printing, and analysis of geospatial data.
Approximate time needed to complete this course: 8 hours
About This Course
The fourth course in the QGIS course stream, 'Performing Raster Analysis in QGIS' will teach you how to build a virtual raster and run an analysis on the area.
What You Will Learn
- How to create a virtual raster
- Clipping raster layers
- Reprojecting raster layers
- How to use the raster calculator in QGIS
- Performing slope analysis on a raster layer
- Performing aspect analysis on a raster layer
- Digital elevation model styling in QGIS
- Module 1: Prepare a Raster Dataset for Analysis
- Module 2: DEM Analysis
- Module 3: DEM Styling
Prerequisite Courses We Recommend
- Introduction to QGIS