Simple Data Collection with ODK
Open Data Kit (ODK) is a free set of tools that allows you to easily collect data using Android mobile devices and data submission to an online server. This course will walk you through building data collection forms, managing submitted forms with Google Sheets and Google Drive, and how to make your forms available to your field users.
About This Course
Organisations are increasingly using mobile devices to collect data in the field. Switching to a paperless alternative such as ODK means that you help the environment while also helping your organisation to collect data faster and more efficiently.
When using ODK online forms and a mobile device, you can also collect other types of data for your data collection projects such as GPS coordinates, photos, videos, barcodes and audio.
Approximate time needed to complete this course: 8 hours
What You Will Learn
- Creating forms with ODK Build
- Hosting ODK Build forms with Google Drive
- Installing ODK Collect
- Completing and submitting forms with ODK Collect
- Viewing submissions with Google Sheets
- Creating Maps from captured data with Google My Maps
- Module 1: Introduction to ODK
- Module 2: Collecting Data with ODK
- Module 3: Viewing and Visualising ODK Data
Prerequisite Courses We Recommend
- Deadly Data