Introduction to Google Earth Pro
One of the Indigenous Mapping Workshop Australia’s most popular courses at our former ‘face to face’ events was Introduction to Google Earth Pro. This software is popular because it is easy to access, a great visualisation platform for anyone working with large landscapes and offers users so many options to add additional detail to their maps in a super simple way.
About Google Earth Pro
Google Earth Pro is a free geospatial desktop application that allows you to see the world and create highly detailed maps. Aimed at users with advanced feature needs, Earth Pro's 3D mapping system allows you to import and export GIS data, go back in time with historical imagery, and analyze and capture geographical data.
About This Course
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of using Google Earth Pro - especially the navigation and customisation tools available to you. We will go into detail about how to add places to your map, any supporting multimedia for those places and other cool customisations tools that can help you for your personal or work mapping project.
What you will learn
- How to download and install Google Earth Pro
- How to use Google Earth Pro’s navigation tools
- How to add images, video and custom icons to your map
- How to save and share your projects
- How to create an image of your map and draw on your images
- Module 1: The Basics
- Module 2: Creating Data in Google Earth Pro
- Module 3: Managing your Data